Welcome To Nairobi Club
Nairobi Club is a private members’ Club, owned by its Members. It was established in 1901 by Members who realized the need for a home environment in the heart of Nairobi. The Club is the second oldest and most popular establishment of its kind in Kenya.
We are situated at the fast growing Upper Hill region north of the Central Business District – (CBD). It is an easy 5 minute drive from the City Centre to the heart of Kenya’s premier Club.
To be Kenya’s premiere Private Members Club where Members, their families and their guests gather to share one another’s company in a relaxed and harmonious environment with personalised service
Full Of History
The Club was founded in 1901 by Boustead & Ridley who had been businessmen in Zanzibar. After two years, the proprietors asked to be relieved of the ownership as the membership was too small to sustain itself. The acquisition started and members bought furniture including two billiards tables and they continued to occupy the building on lease. So, from an early stage, Nairobi Club has belonged to its Members under Trusteeship. It was not until 1958 that a successful move was made for the Members to acquire it.